The NHS App
Access to a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
To have an NHS account, you must be aged 13 or over and registered within NHS GP surgery in England or the Isle of Man.
Full access to your NHS account is available when a photo ID is provided to your GP surgery in person. Please fill in Application for online access to my medical records. The form is available at the surgery reception.
Are you looking for the NHS COVID-19 app? Go to covid19.nhs.uk
What you can do with full access to your NHS account:
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to;
- appointments - see the details of your upcoming and past appointments, cancel appointments at your GP surgery;
- check your symptoms - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record - securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you full access to your medical records, you can also see information like test results, immunisations;
- get your NHS Covid Pass - view and download your Covid Pass for travel abroad;
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision;
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning;
- view your NHS number - find out what your NHS number is;
What you can do without full access to your NHS account
- get health advise - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you using NHS 111 online;
- get advice about coronovirus - get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
Other services in the NHS App
If your GP surgery or hospital offers other services in the NHS App, you may be able to:
- message your GP surgery, doctor or health professional online;
- consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply;
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for;
- view your hospital and other healthcare appointments;
- view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you;
- view and manage care plans.
Keeping your data secure
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
Download the app:
Get help with the app
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.