Rights and Responsibilities
Your doctor's responsibilities:
- To treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- To treat you as an individual and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide
- To give you full information on the services we offer
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff
- To provide you with emergency care when you need it
- When necessary, to refer you to a consultant who is acceptable to you
- To give you access to your health records, subject to any limitation in the law
- To afford you confidentiality and privacy
- To give you the right to decide if you want to be involved in medical research or student training
Your responsibilities as a patient:
- To treat all the staff of Forest Hill Road Group Practice with respect and courtesy at all times. In keeping with the rest of the NHS, this practice operates a 'zero tolerance' policy with respect to the protection of all its staff. This means that anyone who is violent or abusive in any way (including on the telephone) to anyone on the practice premises may be removed from the practice list with immediate effecte. Extreme cases will result in the incident being reported to the Police.
- To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you
- To ask for a home visit only when the patient is unable to attend the practice through illness or infirmity
- To request such a visit if at all possible before 10.00am
- To ask for an out-of-hours visit or attend a treatment centre only when necessary
- To keep your appointments and contact the practice in advance if you cannot
- To be punctual for appointments and to make a separate appointment for each member of the family wishing to see the doctor
- To take medicines according to the instructions and to only ask for a repeat prescription if you need one
- To let us know when you change your address or phone number
- To be patient if the doctor is delayed for any reason
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.