How to order a repeat prescription
If you require prescriptions for regular and continuing treatment, it is not always necessary to see the doctor each time. Repeat prescriptions are computerised and the tear-off slip at the side will indicate the date your review is due.
We have a dedicated receptionists, Imrane, who will check your medical records to ensure that your medication request is on your repeat prescription, then print it and give it to our practice pharmacist. The pharmacist is called Leslie and he will double check the medication to ensure that it is still appropriate for you.
Our team will then send your prescription within 48hrs to your nominated pharmacy. We use the Electronic Prescription service; this means that if you have nominated a pharmacy your prescription will go their automatically and you can request your repeat prescription through your nominated pharmacy. If you have not given us the name of your preferred pharmacy we will print you a token which will need to be taken to the pharmacy. The pharmacy will then download that token and give you your script. To save you time, please do give us the name of your preferred pharmacy and your script will then be ready when you arrive to collect it.
You can request your prescription in various different ways:
- Online via Patient Access
- Using the NHS App
- Use the tear-off slip to re-order by post
- Drop into the box provided outside the surgery entrance.
- Send a stamped addressed envelope for the postal request. Please allow longer for these to be returned you.
- Make an appointment with the Doctor (or Nurse if appropriate) when your review is indicated.
- If you run short of medication unexpectedly, your regular Pharmacist may be able to help you pending a repeat prescription being ordered in the normal way.
- Request from your Pharmacy you have signed up with.
Give 2 full working days’ notice. Please do not telephone.
Local Chemists will deliver to patients who are permanently or temporarily house bound.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.