Suggestions and Complaints




We hope you always find that our services are effective, well run and meet your needs. Our doctors, nurses and the rest of the team aim to be friendly, professional and efficient. We are here for you. 

If you have any suggestions to make about how we do things now or changes and improvements which could be made, please let us know. 

Speak to someone when you visit us or fill out a Comments and Suggestions Form and post it in the box in Front Reception.



If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please let us know.

We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. The practice complaints procedure meets national criteria.


How to complain

It is best to tell a member of staff about any concern or problems as soon as they arise and we will try and sort them out.

If you wish to make a complaint, please let us have details of your complaint as soon as possible so we can find out what happened.  It helps us if you can give us as full details as possible, including the name of any member of staff involved.

You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem OR within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident. 


What we will do

We will contact you about your complaint within three working days and discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales for a reply.  We will aim to offer you an explanation within that time frame.  

We will look into your complaint to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Invite you to a meeting to discuss the problem if this appropriate.
  • Apologise where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (i.e. due to illness) of providing this. 


Need Help?

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) on 0845 337 3061 can provide free impartial support when you are making a complaint. They can help to draft or write a letter, can arrange interpreting or can accompany you to a meeting. You can also visit the website by clicking here

If you prefer, you can phone or write to the complaints department at NHS England:

PO Box 16738
B97 9PT


If you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact the Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033 or you can visit the website



  • We want you to let us know if you are unhappy or have a suggestion about how we can do things better.
  • All complaints are treated in the strictest confidence.
  • Making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.

Contacting us

Forest Hill Road Group Practice
1 Forest Hill Road
London SE22 0SQ