How To See A Community Nurse
You will be referred by one of the GPs for this service. The community nurses are specially trained to care for people in their own homes. They work as a team and liaise with the doctors on a daily basis.
The service provides cover seven days a week and aims to help patients by:
- Teaching them (and their carers) ways of looking after themselves
- Providing care and support
- Advising on staying healthy/preventing ill health
- Referring to other services that may be able
- Liaising with the GP if the patient wishes