Advice For Travellers




Immunisation advice and information are available at our travel clinic. If possible, please consult the practice nurse as soon as you know that you will be travelling abroad by first completing our travel questionnaire

You can also visit the Fit for Travel website or NHS Travel Vacinations to find useful information before you visit the clinic.

You should bring with you a record of any previous immunisations you have had. Please note there will be a charge for some immunisations.

Remember that if you are travelling to Europe you will need a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) to enable you to obtain medical treatment. This replaced the old E111 and will cover you for all EU countries plus Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. Visit your local post office or benefits office to pick up an application form for one of these.

Malaria tablets are now available from our local pharmacy.

Malerone is no longer available on the NHS